George C. Poston Home
414 West Spring Street
With its six gables and stylish appointments, this home retains its original architectural beauty even though its original four chimneys are no longer apparent. This Queen Anne style home was first built in 1902 by George C. and Maggie E. Poston. Mr. Poston joined forces with J.D. Baker to form Baker-Poston Company in Weatherford about 1883. Poston sold the home to
Arthur H. Russell in 1908. Mr. Russell ran a highly respected jewelry store located on North Main in Weatherford. He also served two terms as the Mayor of Weatherford and as a City Alderman. In 1944, the home was sold to Clyde D. King, Chairman of the Science Department at Weatherford College. After the death of his wife Zana, the home was sold to Mrs. Viona Granstaff. The home remained in the Granstaff family for the next forty years. The home was bought by the current owners in 2015 and underwent an extensive renovation.
Return to the Heritage Map