305 South Lamar
This farm-style house was built about 1901 by Claude E. Frazier a dentist and his wife. The house was then purchased in 1908 by J.F. Patterson, a realtor, from Tennessee and his wife Nellie and their young daughter, Belle. The next owner was Roy Hefrin and his wife. About six years later, the house was sold to Adella Cartledge. The 1930 Census has Geraldine Cartledge Buster living here with her husband, James, a salesman and two children ages 9 and 6. Geraldine was listed as a seamstress/dressmaker. In 1930 the Buster’s sold the home to Walter and Clara Browder, who owned the home for 34 years. They purchased the home for $2,400 and sold it in 1964 for $7,000. They may have rented the house out, as they are listed living in another home in the 1940 census.
Over the years, other owners were Hazel Woolridge, Danny and Linda Stephenson, and in 2013 Nicholas and Cassie Peppers purchased the home, providing a complete remodel and an addition. The proud new owners are Clayton and Lydia Kelley who purchased it in January of 2018.