321 West Oak Street
The mid-century ranch house was built by J.R. Fleming and his wife Ora between 1949 and 1950. The Fleming family owned a Pecan Shelling business and Cotton Oil Business in town. J.C. Britton and wife Eugenia purchased the home in 1952. The Herman Carr family bought it in 1956. His wife Zenna and their daughter Dorisan moved into town from a ranch west of town. Mrs Carr fell in love with this home and the quality workmanship it offered; solid oak wood flooring, built ins, spaciousness, large yard and the location was walking distance to her daughter’s school. After Mrs. Carr passed away in 1999, Dorisan and her husband Mike, lived in the home a few years while their other home was being remodeled. After the Carr-Thomas families owned this home for over 50 years, the Ferguson family purchased in 2008. In 2014, Craig and Mildred Farmer purchased the home and are the owners of this beautiful mid-century ranch home.
Click here to return to the Heritage Map