Skip to main content
HomeLoving-Pinner Home

 

 

Loving - Pinner Home

301 West Spring Street

 

Records show this house was built in 1857, and the original owner was W.A. Pleasant. Later Oliver Loving, the Dean of the Texas Cattle Drive and of the namesake of the Goodnight-Loving Trail, and his family lived in it from 1862-1866. At the time, it was near the heart of downtown Weatherford. Loving was a rancher and cattle driver from Kentucky. He and his wife Susan, along with their nine children, lived in Palo Pinto County and in Weatherford during his cattle drive years. The house is on the corner of Alamo and W. Spring Street. This two bedroom, one bath, frame house has its original porches. Many original features remain such as the wood floors, original doors and hardware, high ceilings, and glass transoms. There is beautiful stained trim work and also an original clawfoot tub. 

On Tour : 2018 

 

 

Return to the Heritage Map