Zacharias - Barthold Home
211 West Oak
Built in 1873 by Sigmund Zacharias, a cotton merchant, the home was originally three rooms. Charles C. and Mattie (McCall) Barthold bought the home in 1887 and added the second story in 1900. Mr. Barthold was a dry goods merchant. The first floor of the home accommodated a kindergarten taught by Mrs. Dow Jordan from 1948 - 1973. Behind the house is the original carriage house. It is of box construction with board and batten siding.
Click Here to Return to the Heritage Map