J.M. Richards Home
211 East Lee
This wonderful home was constructed in 1898 by Parker County Judge J. M. Richards. Originally built as a one-story, three-room structure, the home has evolved over the years to include a second story and twelve rooms. Interior features include numerous ornate mantels, original hard-wood floors, carved mouldings, and many period- style furnishings. A 67-year old Magnolia tree and a delightful picket fence adorn the home’s exterior. Judge Richards and his wife Irene borrowed $1000.00 for the construction of the home in 1898. During a forty-year period of ownership by Mr. A. W. Luckett begun in 1944, the home served as a boarding house with four separate kitchens. Restoration work the created the home’s current floor plan was begun in the 1980’s.
Click here to return to the Heritage Map