906 South Waco
The home located at 906 S. Waco was built in 1889 by Major B.G. Bidwell, a Civil War veteran, who came to Weatherford as an attorney for the Texas and Pacific Railroad. The Victorian cottage was originally located in the 300 block of W. Oak St. and was moved to its present location in 1916 when it was remodeled to its present Greek Revival appearance. Over the years the home has undergone changes to accommodate lifestyle and periods. It is now being restored back to the original Victorian cottage style. The home features Doric Columns across the front with an extended front porch, 14 ft. high ceilings, French doors, and transom windows. The rock fireplace in the dining room now uses a woodstove.
Return to the Heritage Map